Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today (and ALWAYS, but today especially) I am so thankful for my wonderful husband!! I've always know he was WELL above average! He is a wonderful, thoughtful, caring husband and best friend and I have loved seeing what a great dad he has become (and was right from the beginning) over the past 10 years of this parenting journey we're on. I always knew he would rock his role as Dad, but he has far exceeded my lofty expectations!

Kirb took this week off and we've been having some fun family time together. He has taken each of the 3 big kids out on a special early-morning date this week. He wakes them up early (6:30ish) and takes them to Caribou (Jacob even went in his pajama pants and t-shirt that he had slept in the night before) for a fun "Daddy 'n me" date. He gets them a drink, does devotions with them, prays with them and plays on the internet with them . . . they've mostly been playing with google earth, Kirb will look up whatever they want, they love it! He took Jacob Tuesday, Rebekah yesterday and Lydia today. They get home as the rest of us are just coming alive. What a fun memory that will be for them from this years Spring Break.

If you know Kirb well (or even if you know him just a little even) you know what a caring, funny, committed, hard-working, cute, talented, godly man he is. I couldn't ask for a better partner in our journey through this life! He is wonderful and I love him more than I can say! I thank the Lord for him and the blessing he is in the life of our family! Also, I love having him home all the time this week . . . it's gonna be a sad day on Monday when he heads back to work and our life returns to "normal".

Our "Dad of the Year Century":

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!