Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break, Part II

Alrighty, just in case you are sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting to hear what we did with the second half part of our Spring Break, here goes:

  • Lots of fun time relaxing at home: movies, games, computer time, reading, playing outside . . .
  • We adopted 4 Webkinz (Gabs the crocodile -- Lydia's, Midnight the whale -- Rebekah's, Spot the bullfrog and Spike the gecko -- both Jacob's) . . . we had zero up until now. We have finally entered the Webkinz craze (after hearing about it for what seemed like forever) and are pretty much addicted. Thanks Frances for your expertise and technical help . . . you are a Webkinz genius!
  • We went to the Y.
  • Jacob went through orientation at the Y to use the fitness center . . . which you can do once you are 10! (They let him do it a few days early since he was on Spring Break and had time to come).
  • We went swimming at the "water park" at the Andover Y.
  • I ran lots of errands since there were 2 parents home all the time . . . wonderful! (Plus, I had to get all my shopping in quick before I flip the calendar to April and begin my vow to purchase nothing new for a month . . . just kiddin' . . . well, kinda!)
  • Anna became an expert walker.
  • A few trips to the library.
  • The girls had a slumber party with their buds Frances & Evelyn.
  • Jacob & Kirb went to see "Escape to Witch Mountain" and loved it!
  • We ate dinner (with bday coupons for 2 free kids meals) at Red Robin . . . the kid's favorite. Jacob even found something safe on the menu: a turkey burger and side salad.
  • Ing & I took Ev, Fran, Rebekah & Lydia to the Children's Museum.
  • Birthday Party #1 (for Rebekah)
  • A beautiful drive with a fun stop to play at a park overlooking the river in Stillwater.
  • The ever-popular crafts at Lakeshore Learning Store.
A few pictures:

the boys swimming:
Father & daughter walking in the park . . . look how tall she's getting:
A handsome guy at the park . . . looking over at the beauty of the river & hills:
If you crank that thing you can make the "car" move along the bar. Propelling all 4 kids from one side to the other was a nice arm workout for Kirbs . . . one I'm sure I couldn't pull it off (that's roughly 250 pounds if I added correctly . . . and I'm pretty sure I did, you know math being my strong suit and all!) The kids love this "train"!
Anna & her daddy taking a little walk:
My monkey . . . well, one of them anyway:
Joe going for a run (with the very cool Stillwater lift bridge in the background):

It was a great week and good for all of us. It would have been better without the sickness that was still lingering the whole week, but what can you do? I think we all needed the down-time and the time together as a family. Now we are just itchin' for summer break and more of what we just experienced!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!