Monday, March 23, 2009

Really? . . . a decade?

I feel a little sad this morning. Well, maybe sad isn't exactly right, maybe just melancholy . . . something along those lines . . . and if I'm being really honest it's more than just a little! My "babies" turn 10 and 8 today! I couldn't sleep much last night, thinking about them and how quickly the time has gone. I finally just got up, started some laundry and wrote them each long letters . . . something that I try to do each year on {or around} their birthday. Then I made the mistake decision to read the old ones . . . the memories of things I had forgotten came flooding back. Funny things they said and did at certain ages. Rebekah used to always say to my dad: "BopBop, you are my granddaughter!" . . . I had forgotten that, or how Jacob called hot beverages "josh" when he was about 2. He would refer to Kirbs' coffee as "Daddy josh" and my tea as "Mama josh", we never did figure out where it came from and he used to say it in this weird, deep voice that he never used except when he was talking about "josh". Oh, the things you forget. I'm sure they are TONS that I never wrote down and won't ever remember, but I am thankful for the ones that were documented and the emotions they evoke with the remembering!

Hopefully it will be a fun day for both of them. I am so thankful for them. What great kids. What amazing blessings! To think that the Lord trusts me {us!} to raise them is amazing to me. I am so thankful they are "ours" {for now} and I pray we do a good job!

Happy, happy birthday Jacob!
Happy birthday, sweet Rebekah!
I love you both SO much!!!

Jacob Mason Stoll
Tuesday, 3.23.1999
1:25 pm
8 pounds 4 ounces
20.5 inches tall

{that's 10, for 10-years-old . . . not "I'm gonna get you!" or anything like that!}


Rebekah Rae Stoll
Friday 3.23.2001
2:40 pm
10 pounds 2 ounces
22 inches tall



Happy birthday to 2 of my favorite people . . . look at that love . . . right from the start:

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I read your comment on Amanda's Post and decided to stop in for a visit. I also have 5 children. (Happy Birthday to Jacob and Rebeckah, by the way!) Mine are 7,6,5,4 and 2. Sometimes I wonder if there is anyone out there that can really understand some of my frustrations as a parent of 5. I have so much love for each and every one of them. They are all so unique according to God's design. In turn, they all respond to discipline differently, they all receive love in unique ways, they all like different foods, they all have different mannerisms...etc. I'm sure you can relate! I am so blessed and so challenged at the same time to be the mother of these five little ones!

    Good to have found you. I will come back and visit again. :) I'll be praying for your family to be back to full health. I can completely relate. It's been a long winter.

    Blessings!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Jacob and Rebekah! We miss you guys! Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jacob and Rebecca. Have a wonderful, fun-filled day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!