Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Apologies!

So sorry to leave you hanging after Flashback Friday last week. I've had sick kiddos and an abundance of other stuff keeping me busy, but here you go . . . the answer you've all been waiting for . . . it's Lydia! The picture was taken in September of 2002. How, you ask, should you have known it was Lydia? What were those hints I was referring to? The first one that I spotted was the little bump that you might have noticed {or maybe you didn't} next to the mysterious Stoll baby's left temple. It's a dermoid cyst that appeared there when Lydia was about a month old {I still can flashback to the exact moment I first noticed it . . . I was sitting in church . . . back when we used to sit on the right about 3 or 4 rows back. You know, before we moved to the left in front of the McGettrick's where we sit now!} and was surgically removed in January of 2003, when she was 7 months old. Now it's but a distant memory . . . no scar even! The second hint that I noticed later was that there is carpet on the floor . . . it's not there anymore, so that was a little hint that it wasn't Anna in the photo. The carpet got ripped out and thrown in the garbage sometime in 2005, if I remember right.

Have another look now that you know it's her? Is it any more obvious now? Can you see her little cyst? Isn't she a cutie?

And just for fun, here's the whole picture . . . in color:


So, good job if you guessed it was Lydia and if you looked but didn't guess . . . get some guts next time and just give it a shot. No one will hold it against you if you're wrong. If it weren't for the date stamp in the corner, I'm not 100% positive I could always identify pictures of my kiddos as infants without some hints {like if there are older siblings holding them in the picture that is always helpful!} So just give it a shot net time, ok?

1 comment:

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!