Friday, March 13, 2009

Please pray!

I got up this morning before any of the kiddos (they start spring break today, so I hope everyone will be sleeping in for quite a while more!) and came down to get a little work done to find a terribly tragic email from my very good friend Carol, who lives in Colorado . . . she also grew up in our house . . . we bought it from her parents. There were 2 emails actually, written less than an hour apart, late last night/early this morning!

Anyway, the first email asked for prayer. Carol's friend, Shelley, was hospitalized yesterday with influenza B and was very, very sick and was not doing well. The second email said that just a few minutes after sending the first email Carol had gotten a call that Shelley had died. Shelley has a husband {Scott} and 4 kids who range in age from 2 to 10 . . . wow, that hits close to home! I did not know Shelley or ever meet her, but I just started crying and praying as I read through Carol's email.

Please, if you have a minute and care to join me in prayer for this family, I would appreciate it. The children went to bed last night knowing their mom was in the hospital, but when they wake up this morning . . . I can't even begin to imagine how you tell your children that their mom, who they were just with yesterday and who they need so much, is dead. I just can hardly even think about it. Please pray for them. I know many of you will and I appreciate it so much, even though I don't know her or her family . . . but I do know Carol and how deeply she loves her friends and can't imagine how much she must be hurting too!

2 comments:

  1. I cried all the way through this, even though I read it on your facebook too. I just can not imagine! Thank you for sharing even though you don't know this person. God bless you. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!