Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So many blessings in life . . . it's always hard to decide what exactly to be thankful for each Thursday. It's a great way for me to reflect on all of the blessings I've got, both big and small, and acknowledge how very much I have to be thankful for.

Today I am especially thankful for my friends! I have amazing, wonderful friends! They are each a HUGE blessing in my life . . . each one of them in a different way. There are friends that I've had pretty much forever and friends that I just met recently but who quickly become integral parts of my life. There are close friends and friends that I might not be as close to, but who still add much sunshine and spark to my life!

Every other week I meet with 2 of my wonderful "peeps" for a time of accountability and prayer . . . with a little food, diet coke (NOT for me, but for them . . . they are both addicts, something I should hold them more accountable for, but really, there are more important fish to fry, right?) and some fun fellowship and chatter to round it out! This is our week. We're getting together tomorrow! It's always such a blessing! One of these 2 wonderful ladies was so good to give me some much-needed perspective the other day. You've gotta love a friend who can speak a little truth at cha when you need it! I appreciate that, although I couldn't handle it from just anyone. She was the perfect person with just the perspective I needed at that time, even though it knocked me off my high horse a little!

Friends are such a blessing and I feel about as blessed, in this area, as is humanly possible! I am so thankful for great friends. I'd start listing you all, but inevitably my brain would fail me (what's new?) and I would forget someone. So trust me on this, I'm thankful for you . . . you know who you are! Thanks for being my friend!

2 comments:

  1. Real friends - true friends - are such a rarity. I'm so glad that you get to spend time with yours. They add so much to our lives. You're very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you "Thankful Thursday" idea. I started a "graditude" journal about 6 months ago and it has changed my attitude about many things as I concentrate on ALL I have to be thankful for--the little and the big! God has blessed me with wonderful freinds as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!