Friday, February 6, 2009

flashback friday

I leave tomorrow morning for my annual "girl's weekend". Whoo hoo! I can't wait! We call it a "weekend", however truth be told it's not even 36 hours. But, we take what we can get. I think this is our 4th annual, if I remember right. We go up to Grandview Lodge near Brainerd. We spend a little time at the spa getting some once-a-year pampering (I'm getting a 60 minute massage!! Can't wait!!!) and then stay up most of the night eating and chatting and laughing 'til we pee and other fun stuff like that. Then we pretty much drag ourselves out of bed in the morning, eat a little more and head home . . . but not without stopping at the Albertville outlet mall! So much fun to cram into 36 hours! I'm also looking forward to NOT being pregnant this year . . . although my breast pump will have to accompany me on the weekend. These ladies are such great women and I love spending time with them. I'm so thankful to my bestest, bestest friend, Al, for introducing me to these wonderful women about a decade ago. They started out as strangers whose names I could never remember no matter how hard I tried, (actually, I could remember the names, but not which person went with which name!) but have now turned into great friends even though I rarely see them apart from our annual winter weekend away!


This picture was taken at our girl's weekend in 2007 and it makes me happy even though it's not very good of any of us (it was, after all, taken in the morning following little sleep or personal grooming . . . well except for Elisa, she's always well groomed!) . . . and it would seem that Mel & I didn't get the memo about wearing blue. I'll try to remember that this time around when I pack!

Enjoy your weekend, I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a ton of fun! enjoy! i wonder who i could get to go do something like that with sometime...somehow my bestest friend doesn't seem quite right for a girl's weekend away since my hubby's not a girl! *cheesy grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!