Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I find it interesting . . .

There's a way (through google) to keep track of the stats from your blog (how many people visit in a day, where they are from geographically, how long they stay on your site . . . lots and lots of pretty trivial info). If you want to track the stats for your own blog, please don't ask me how. I did it quite a while ago and don't remember! Sorry!

I am a math person through and through. I always have been. I love statistics!

Anyway, I was peeking at my stats this morning (for the last month anyway. . . they track one month at a time. I'm sure you could change the time period you were studying, but again I'm not real tech savvy and don't really care quite that much. Thus, the stats are from the beginning of January up until yesterday). Would you believe a bunch of people from the US looked at my blog this month, like 8 hundred or something like that? Seems like kind of a lot to me, but I guess I buy it? What surprised me was that I had 4 visitors from Canada, 2 from France and 1 from each of the following countries: Malaysia, Germany, Italy and Bolivia. (And guess what else? 31 of my blog visitors visited using a dial-up connection . . . I was a dial-up girl until just the other day, so I feel their pain!) Who are all these people and why do they care about my little life? I find it a little weird. I guess it's ok, but just weird. I read a few blogs but they are people that I know or have some connection to. I'm pretty sure I don't know people in any of those countries (except Canada, I guess). So, if you live far from here and don't have any idea who I am in real life, but are reading this anyway, "Hi, welcome". Enjoy this little glimpse into the life of one (probably rather abnormal) American family who lives in Minnesota . . . where it is REALLY cold today! To the readers who have actually met me in real life and could pick me out a crowd at Target (where I will be at some point in this chilly day), "Hi" to you too. I hope you have a splendid day!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. it's probably people who surf blogs using the "next blog" link at the top of the page. i blog surf once in a while myself. it's fun to see what other people's blogs look like, what they write about, etc. many of the ones i've looked at are in other languages and since i can't read 'em i just go to the next one until i find one of interest to me. i've found a few with really neat adoption stories. they always make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have been thinking of adding one of those to my blog, just for fun. I really don't care if anyone reads my blog. But, my concern, call it paranoia...what else could they be tracking on my computer that I do not know about??? Are all sites trustworthy?? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!