Tuesday, January 20, 2009

this 'n that

anna took her first bath in the big tub tonight. (i'll be glad to give the big blue plastic baby tub that takes up half our bathroom back to my friend joanna, who so graciously loaned it to me!) anna went under a few times, but was always rescued quickly and after a cough or two and some sputtering was no worse for the wear. she had a blast. now if she could just understand about keeping the water in the tub we'd be thrilled. she loved dumping her little stacking cups full of water over the edge . . . so fun! what a big girl she's getting to be!

we had joe's preschool conference today. unfortunately it looks like he'll have to repeat 3-year-old preschool, he's flunkin' out . . . just kiddin, he's doing just dandy and lovin' every minute of it! plus it would seem he is quite cooperative and well-behaved. way to go, bud!

knock on wood, we've had 2 joe-free nights in bed in a row. amazing, considering the past few weeks! lydia did have a bad dream and joined us last night . . . on my side . . . putting me in the middle. i can't stand being in the middle!!! so, we'll go for 3 in a row tonight and see how that turns out! he was pretty tired when he went to bed, so there's a chance.

one more thing: i know i'm not super cutting-edge, so you probably are way ahead of me on this one, but if you haven't discovered pandora radio yet you have GOT to check it out! you put in an artist or song that you like and they create a personalized "station" for you with music of a similar style/genre to what you entered. it's super cool! have fun.

2 comments:

  1. hey shana, thanks for the link to pandora radio! i'm glad you share stuff like this on your blog. you've led to me lots of neat stuff online this way! ty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of Pandora, but I'll give it shot! Sounds like a great idea.

    I just ache for you as I read your sleeping/sleepless blog entries! I, for one, am a gal who needs my sleep and am not a happy mom or teacher if I have to share my bed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!