Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for the Northwest Family YMCA (among other things). I am at "the Y" many times each week. I am thankful for the wonderful ladies who work in Kid Stuff and take such great care of my kiddos so that I can: exercise, socialize, shower (anyone who spends time with me is also thankful for this one . . . hygiene is key!), read, catch up on my Bible study homework, take classes, watch my kiddos (without interruption) at swimming lessons, build up my muscles, take a swim, play a board game with the big kids, get a change of scenery, just have a little break and be renewed . . . oh, and get a chance to watch cable which we don't have at home (you know, HGTV, Jon & Kate + 8 and all that good stuff I wouldn't see otherwise). I am thankful for the outdoor pool(s) in the summer and the credit we get from our healthy insurance when we get there 12 times during the month. The Y is great and I am so thankful that it is part of my regular life. I would be a fat(ter) frazzled mess without, I'm afraid! Three cheers for the Y!

3 comments:

  1. What a great resource! Our family doesn't belong to anything like that, but wish we did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also really enjoy our YMCA. It really has opened the door for my children to have many new experiences in their young ages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!