Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I hope she's still got some brains in there.

Unfortunately, Anna has a nasty little cold. She was just crying like crazy about 2 o'clock this morning and so I went in to try and put her back to sleep. Usually I can nurse her for 5 minutes or so and she'll go right back to bed . . . you know, a little comfort from mom and something nummy in your tummy and all is good! Anyhow, she wanted nothing to do with nursing and could hardly breathe because her nose was so stuffy (probably why she wanted nothing to do with nursing!). I felt really bad for her, so I headed to the bathroom and got out the bulb syringe to suck the junk out of her nose. Usually Kirbs is the man for this particular job. I can't stand it. He doesn't mind quite as much as me . . . maybe he even likes it, I'm not sure? But, I didn't want to wake up Kirbs (aren't I a sweet wife?), so I thought I'd just do it myself. There was lots of screaming (mainly Anna) and I was surprised that she didn't wake anyone up. But I got lots of crud out of there and she could breathe again. I always feel like I'm gonna suck out their little brains when I stick that thing up there and move my thumb so the balloony part can inflate again and suck the livin' daylights out their sinuses. Hopefully though, I only got junk out of there and left all the brains in tact. She's still pretty young, so I guess we'll have to wait a few years to find out for sure. Runny nose, chapped cheeks and all, she's still pretty cute though, wouldn't cha say? Thanks, I thought so too!


Joe has a cold too. This morning he was up early and wanted some breakfast. Since we are redoing the cabinets in the kitchen (that's another whole story/post. I'm sure I'll get to it soon enough) the whole place is in quite a state and I can't really get at the stuff in the cupboards . . . which makes life a little tricky! So, the options were limited to what was in the fridge or on top of the counters. He chose applesauce and while eating it had this huge coughing fit. I asked if he was ok and he said yes. Then I asked if he thought he was going to throw up and he said. "Yes, but not right now." Alrighty, so I guess maybe later then? I'll just keep my eye on him and hope that he meant MUCH later . . . like maybe next winter . . . or never! Silly boy!

2 comments:

  1. Stuffy nursers are always difficult to care for. Saline drops make the booger-sucking process so much easier and are a natural decongestant of sorts. They worked wonders with my babies. Hope all are better soon.

    BTW-I am sick of winter too. Normally, it doesn't phase me much, cuz I never leave the house. But I am so ready for some grass for the kids to be able to run on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am IN LOVE with the bulb syringe. I am POSSESSED with it! Sam still lets me use it on him - I pretend like I'm doing it, and act like my brains are getting sucked out then he says, "My turn" and then I literally suck his brains out. Man that thing WORKS -can you tell I'm getting excited?!
    BTW...I do live in Chandler and I don't know the people you mentioned that live here. I think you should come and visit them and visit ME :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!