Thursday, January 22, 2009

thankful thursday

today (and everyday) i am thankful for my mom! i'm especially thankful for her today, and thought it appropriate to acknowledge her as today is the anniversary of roe v wade and she, obviously, is the one who gave me my life -- for which i am also very thankful!

she is wonderful! she is one of my very best friends, my biggest encourager and cheerleader. plus, she willingly takes care of ALL my kids so kirbs and i can go on a date, occasionally lends me money until payday so checks don't bounce, sends me fun notes in the mail, buys me stamps just 'cause she's nice like that, makes my kitchen sink all shiny and clean whenever she's over, puts away laundry when she sees it in the laundry basket in the hall where it was the last 2 times she was over as well, helps me rearrange the cupboards to find room for the new fun dishes that were 50% off after christmas and . . . she put up with me when i was a teenager! i'm much like her in some ways and not so much in others (which you would understand if you've ever eaten something that she cooked and then something that i cooked!) i know that she is most likely crying now as she reads this (i blame her for the fact that i get teary all the time and have no control over it!) and that she wishes i didn't post this picture here, because she won't like it. but joe took it of her, and i think it's cute! i think she's cute!


here we are together a couple months ago: we didn't intend to be all matchy, it just happened . . . actually, turns out it happens quite often! we'll show up here or there and be wearing, basically, the same outfit! funny! you know, great minds . . .


i love you mom!

6 comments:

  1. I have great memories of your mom from the Bethel store. What a sweet lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give a hearty AMEN to everything that you said. While the Roe v Wade anniversary reminds us of the horror that is abortion, we who have parents that chose to do what was right have much to be thankful for. I love you too mom.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Marcia! My 'church' grandma :)
    I miss tea-parties on the kitchen floor when i would spend the day with her. Marcia is an amazing person :) Thanks for all the love you show to everyone!

    p.s. Shana is an awesome baby-sitter too ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Lisa, I have great memories of your mom and working at the bookstore! She was always as nice as could be! She looks just as great now as she did 10+ years ago when we were there!

    Tell her hello from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shana -

    I see that Rachel already beat me to the comment section, but you are not alone in your love for your precious mom. I'm so thankful that Rachel & David had the privilege of being her earliest grandkids while she waited for the 'real' ones to arrive.

    We are so blessed to have all of you in our lives - even though it's not face-to-face now that we live 1600 miles away.

    We love you and love reading your blog!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Marcia too! She is the sweetest! And I'm thankful that she is such a good friend to my mom. Thanks Marcia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!