Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What's new?

I read this article today and thought it was very funny. Thankfully, my husband happens to be well above-average, so it didn't make me think too much about him. My children, however, are another story all together. I think that I might have to give this approach a better shot . . . I know it's stuff I "know" in the back of my mind and have heard lots of times before, but it's always nice to have a friendly reminder!

I was volunteering at the kid's school this morning when my cell phone rang {in case you didn't know it, I'm not really a cell phone person so my phone doesn't ring a whole lot . . . I, most likely, wouldn't even have one if I didn't have a kiddo with some major medical stuff. It's nice to know that I can be tracked down when the kids are at school if I'm needed}. Turns out Joe was not feelin' too hot at preschool and he wanted to come home. So I picked up a rather pale, warm, not-at-all-himself Joe from school and brought him home. He is napping, so that would be a sure sign that he really isn't feeling too great. Hopefully it will pass quickly, whatever it is!

Rebekah was the ONLY kid who slept all night last night! It was miserable. Kids up and back down, crying, crawling in bed with us, deciding to go back to their own beds, bad dreams, sleeping on our floor . . . the list goes on. What was that all about? you may ask. Well, to the best of my understanding, this is what was going on: Anna is just Anna and doesn't sleep all night yet. Lydia had a bad dream. Joe must have already not been feeling too great. Jacob, I think, was nervous about his standardized testing today and tomorrow. Rebekah, however, slept all night, so it could have been worse! {although not much, I don't think!}

2 comments:

  1. yikes! maybe i shouldn't complain so much when caleb gets us up at night... *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read the article you linked to. although i agree that rewarding good behavior is positive reinforcement, ignoring bad behavior (especially in dealing with children) won't teach them that the behavior is wrong. of course, the article is written about husbands who really should know better, so in that case ignoring is probably the wise thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!