Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week I am so thankful for the sun! It's unbelievably nice to have it back again. I love to feel it on my back. It's so wonderful to be outside and not be cold . . . I was even a little warm on Tuesday and had to shed a layer . . . it's been a long time since that happened! Whoo Hoo!

On Tuesday after preschool, Joe played outside for hours. {We even ate lunch outside.} Anna was out with us for a while, but mostly she napped. I watched him on the slide, did a little yard work, pushed him on the swing and even had time to finish reading an excellent book {Where the River Ends by Charles Martin} in my chair sitting in the sun while Joe rode his bike up and down the driveway . . . what a day! You can't beat it! So, welcome back sunshine! We are thrilled to have you back and look forward to quite a few months together before we return to hibernation once again! Yesterday was 70 and sunny, so I sat outside and read a little from the next book in my pile . . . what better way is there to spend part of your afternoon? I can't think of any!
Thanks, Lord, for the wonderful, long-awaited, beautiful sun!

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.(James Matthew Barrie)
So, I'm also thankful for my friends, and those who bring sunshine to my days, even when it may be a little gloomy outside . . . that kind of sunshine is great too!

1 comment:

  1. we had a sunny and almost 70 degree day yesterday too! it was so nice to get outside with the boys!!!! happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!