Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekend Do-in's:

We had a busy, but wonderful, weekend!

Friday night we spent the evening with our wonderful friends Al, Justin & Sam. We had dinner, hung out, laughed, watched a movie {well, sort of! I feel asleep. What can I say, it was late!} We talked about Ava and how excited we all are for her to get home. Her room is so adorable. I helped Al set up a blog for their journey to bring Ava home. She was a little skeptical, but I think she'll find it a great tool to share info with all the wonderful people in their life! Anna wore a t-shirt that she and Ava both have {one of their half dozen or so "twinzy" outfits}. It's green and says "Best Friends" on it . . . 'cause, you know, they are gonna be best friends just like their mommas! Al kept asking Anna questions like: "Is Ava your best friend?", "Are you excited for Ava to come home." and other stuff along those lines. Since Anna has recently become an expert at nodding and shaking her head {and distinguishing appropriately between the two!} she just kept nodding like crazy. Here are some fun pictures from our evening:

Anna at her best friends house, matching shirt and all but no best friend can be found . . . don't worry babe, she'll be here soon. Next time, I promise!
Kirb and me in the front yard. It was a gorgeous day!
Sam & LJ . . . they are great buds!

Saturday was a busy day for me. I volunteered to help at our schools annual Tag Sale. Working a 3 hour shift gave me the right to pre-shop the sale. So, I arrived at school at 7 am to shop and walked away with at least a few hundred dollars worth of stuff, in great condition, that our family needed for about $50! Whoo Hoo. I brought home my purchases and headed to Caribou to relax with my book for a little bit before my shift started. I worked the sale from 9-noon. It was busy and as far as I could tell LOTS of my stuff sold. That is great news! Hopefully I'll make some decent money . . . we should get our checks any day!

Then I went to a little craft afternoon at my friends house. It was tons of fun, but I was REALLY tired, so I'm afraid I wasn't tons of fun to be around. I then headed home to prepare for our big day on Sunday.

Sunday was a BIG day for our family. Rebekah and Lydia were both baptized. They both made decisions to accept Jesus into their hearts at pretty young ages . . . Praise God! . . . and had recently gone through a 6-week class about baptism at church and had decided that they wanted to be baptized. Plus, it was also Joe's 4th birthday. SO much to celebrate!

Here are the girls in front of the church before the service started
Here is our whole crew:
Brothers {matching ones, no less!}:


Lydia, Pastor Shawna & Rebekah after the service:
Shawna is a good friend of mine and also our Children's Pastor. It was so great to have her baptize my girls!

After church we headed over to my parents for a big celebration with our family.

The Birthday Boy and some of his gifts:
His new flip-flops . . . which he LOVES and has yet to take off even the past couple days when it was quite chilly!
What a wonderful day full of things to celebrate and be thankful. We are also thankful for all the wonderful people in our lives who celebrated with us on this important day . . . both with their presence as well as those who kept us all in their thoughts and prayers on this day!

On Sunday evening Kirb got to spend some good time with his brother who is in town for work. He had some free time, so they caught dinner, a movie and a late-night catch-up chat at Perkins! {gotta love those all-night places for such an occasion!} It was so good for them to have some time together. We're still not quite caught up from our busy, emotional weekend but that's ok. It was all worth it!

3 comments:

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!