Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for Mary. Mary has been our mailman letter carrier almost the whole time we've lived here . . . I think she said she's been on this route 8 years. Well, last Saturday was her last day on our route. She took a "warmer" route in a commercial district nearby where she'll deliver mail INSIDE office buildings. That's gotta beat walking up and down Minnesota streets in January!! (even though our mailbox gets it's mail delivered without Mary leaving her truck, most of her route was done on foot. We'll miss Mary's smile and wave as she drops off the mail. I'm grateful for all the fun mail that she's brought us over the years and for all the mail she has taken out of my mailbox and sent on it's way to others for me . . . even though someone, years ago, broke the flag off our mailbox she would still check and take stuff out of there for me even without my flag up! Enjoy your new route Mary. We'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!