Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for perspective and the big picture.

I've had kind of a discouraging week: a major car repair and a rather major plumbing emergency, a few {rather large} medical bills.

I work so hard to be careful with our family's money . . . I clip coupons, I pass over lots of things that I wish we could have, we rarely eat out {and drink water, rather than pop, when we do}, we borrow movies from the library rather than pay to rent them, I try to stay home as much as I can to save on both gas money and the temptation to spend money on stuff while I'm out . . . the list goes on. But then something hits out of the blue and there's nothing you can do about it. Like for example, you are done with your shower, you turn the water off and yet it just keeps comin' right out full steam ahead . . . yup, that's what happened here last Friday. To get the tub to shut off you had to shut off the hot water to the entire house. $457 later it's all fixed!

Anyway, even though things seem really discouraging this week and I'm pretty bummed, I take a cue from my Matthew 6-husband and try not to worry. This really is his theme in life {he's pretty amazing!}. He does not worry. Really! {I tend to make for him, though!} So, today I will try to look beyond today at the big picture. Someday it won't be so tough . . . by the time Jacob goes to college we won't have a mortgage . . . it is only a season, not forever. I am glad for perspective to know that "this too shall pass". The days of going to the doctor once a week for this, that or the other thing are fleeting. The tub should now last for a good long while. The car is now is good shape and will hopefully serve us well until it completely rusts through and Kirb falls out the bottom {just kiddin'}.

Here we are: the team of worry & not-so-much:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had such a rough week! We did too...van repair $400. Yuck1!! Matthew is right! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!