Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Warroad

We had a good weekend in Warroad with Kirby's family. We left on Thursday night and drove those many miles until we arrived in the wee hours of Friday morning. The ride up . . . it wasn't very pleasant, so don't ask! We arrived back home last night in time for supper and I'm hoping to stick around for at least a week this time before going out of town again!!

Friday we went to my niece's kindergarten graduation . . . I never knew graduating from kindergarten could be SUCH a big deal (I didn't even know that it was a "deal" at all, actually!). We hung out with Kirby's sister, Annie, and her family on Friday afternoon and then went to the end-of-the-year program at Warroad Christian Academy where our niece and nephew, Katie & Evan go to school and where Kirby's sister, Kristy, teaches. I hear it was a wonderful program, although I spent most of it walking up and down the block with a very crabby Anna!

Saturday and Sunday were both gorgeous days in northern Minnesota, warm and sunny! Saturday was a nice, relaxing day. We played at the park a little in the morning, walked by the lake, threw rocks in the water, rolled up our pant legs and got our feet wet and played a little more. In the afternoon Kirby's brother, Tracey, and his family came over for a picnic. We had some great stuff off the grill and enjoyed eating outside in the warm sun! The kids all had a blast together.

Rebekah & Kirbs:

All the kiddos at the playground:

Rebekah & Anna:

Jacob:

The kiddos at the lake:

Tommy pulling & Rebekah pushing the 3 littlest ones in the wagon
Joey, Anna & Caleb:
(don't worry, Anna wasn't standing up when the wagon was moving)


Sunday morning we went to church with Kristy's family and then over to their house for lunch and a little "play time". Anna was pretty good on Saturday, but crabby again on Sunday, I suspected another ear infection. Sunday night we took baths, hung out with Grandma & Grandpa, read stories and watched a little TV, then turned in for the night in anticipation of our departure in the morning.

Rebekah & Mom:

Grandma & Grandpa with the kids (well, not Joe . . . he was a crab!)

See what I mean?

Kirb with his parents and {most of} the kids:

Grandma & Grandpa:

We got up on Monday, got dressed, had a few bites to eat, said our goodbyes and piled back into the van for the LONG trip home. The trip home wasn't a whole lot more pleasant than the one up there was . . . 3 kids all squished into that back seat makes it tough. I know they say the seat is built for 3. And I realize that there are 3 seatbelts, but if a 10-year-old, a 4-year-old and an 8-year-old can't fit comfortably I don't know how those people at Dodge would ever expect 3 adults to sit back there . . . it reminds me of airline seats . . . don't get me started on that one. This bad travel experience is too close to my recent bad flight experience for my tastes! YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!