Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Field Day

Yesterday afternoon was the 1st & 2nd grade field day, so I killed two birds with one stone . . . actually, I didn't kill anything at all, but I only had to go to school once to see both Rebekah & Lydia in their field day. As a bonus they were both on the gray team, so I was never divided on which team to cheer for . . . actually, that's not true either since I was cheering for Ev and she was on the white team and for Savannah and she was on the red team and on and on it goes, but my first allegiance was to the grays!

This morning was the 3rd & 4th grade field day, so we returned, once again, to the back field of Falcon Heights Elementary for our final time to be spectators at field day 2009 (we did not need to attend kindergarten field day or 5/6 field day . . . next year I'll have to attend 3: 5th/6th, 3rd/4th & 1st/2nd . . . I'll start gearing up for that soon!).

It was pretty chilly this morning, about 52 and breezy, I believe! Joe decided right away that he would like to go home and watch a movie. Although also a bit chilly, Anna was a pretty good sport {pun intended}! Kirb took the morning off, so he could come too, which was fun and made for more & better pictures of Jacob than we have of the girls from yesterday since, it would seem, I have a hard time both watching and photographing . . . I really can only focus on one thing at a time . . . plus, lots of my friends were there yesterday, so you've got to throw a little lot of chatting in the mix too! Even with the Caribou we picked up on the way we were still none too warm.

Here is a little visual recap of the excitement:

Run, LJ, run!

Rebekah at the "soccer kick":

The girls were on the same relay team.
Here they are about to start,
Go gray!:

Some of this morning's chilly spectators:

Getting directions from Mr. Holty (can you spot Jacob?):
How about now?

Brothers:
(Joe had on his shirt that matches with Jacob's -- under his sweatshirt, that is -- and kept cheering for "matchy boy". It was pretty sweet)

And they're off:

Jacob picked up a little speed right at the end and took 2nd in this race:

Jacob and Jessie got their legs a little tangled here, but Jacob fell over the finish line for 3rd place in this race:

The relay:
(I told him I thought he might be able to run a little faster if he either zipped up his sweatshirt or took it off, but what do I know, I'm just the mom!)

A fun time was had by all, although I'm not sure that the 3rd and 4th graders had too much appreciation for the freeze pops that they got as treats when field day was done . . . I think some soup or something would have been a little more appropriate today! Oh well, they're kids. I'm sure they loved it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!