Friday, May 8, 2009

Grandma

My grandma Carlson died yesterday. My grandpa died just over 2 years ago and she really hadn't been herself since. It was a very peaceful death. She laid down to take a nap and never got up. My uncle was there with her. I am sad, but relieved at the same time. She missed my grandpa so much and it's so wonderful to know that they are together again . . . perfect and with the Lord.

I love you, Grandma. I'll miss you.

Muriel Evelyn (Bjorklund) Carlson
October 18, 1925 - May 7, 2009

The Carlson Family
Christmas 1962
(my dad is the kid in the upper left)
me with my grandparents 1976

a page from Jacob's scrapbook

Grandma & Papa's visit, October 2005

At Papa's Funeral, March 2007
Grandma, me, Dad, Mom, Jacob, Luke & Jenn

The whole Carlson Bunch (well, most of us anyway!)
(and as a side comment, I LOVE that cross painting in the background. It's even better in person. I know you can't really get the full effect in the picture, but, trust me, it's great!)
me, Grandma & Luke -- March 2007

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    I just wanted to THANK YOU for stopping by my blog this week. I am excited to have new blog buddies and will add you to my new side bar.
    May you feel love and peace at this time and GOOD LUCK on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Shana... I'm praying for all of you - rejoicing at the knowledge that your Grandma is in Heaven - but hurting for you because you because she's not here... Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sympathy to you too Shana. I'm sure your kiddos will have great memories of their great-grandma. I love the pic of you and your grandparents. Hope you are able to make arrangements to go to the funeral.

    Love,
    Missy Mellin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss, but the pictures speak a thousand words, and she certainly looks like she had a wonderful, full life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma Shana. Your pictures are beautiful and I'm so glad you have so many wonderful memories of both of your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you & the whole family. May her life remain an inspiration.
    ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!