Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I've got so very much to be thankful for, that's for sure!

Today I'm thankful for sleep! Anna has been sleeping all night {praise the Lord!} off and on for a few weeks now. Not every night, mind you, but she is learning and we're finally heading in the right direction. Waking up in the morning and realizing you've staying in your bed since collapsing there the night before is a splendid realization! Also, Joe has been spending all night in his own bed more often than not lately too . . . bonus! But, with 10 years of parenting come many other realizations as well, one of which is that everything ebbs and flows and things never stay the same {whether they are good or bad} for too long. So I'll try not to get too used to it and I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll sleep all night long every night from now on, but I'm still gonna enjoy it while I can!

Today I am also thankful for technology. It's much easier to be ok with the fact that my best friend is on the other side of the world becoming a mom again to a sweet little girl that they have waited for and worked hard for and longed for and prayed for for so long when I know that I can kind of keep up with their adventure, at least a little, through technology. But face-to-face, in person is a million times better, so next week when they are home {or almost home} I'll have something even better to be thankful for . . . hopefully a little Ava sighting! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!