Monday, May 4, 2009

And they're off . . .

The long-awaited call came in today! Praise God! My best friend {Allie}, her husband {Justin}, their 5-year old {Sam} and both grandpa's are leaving bright and early Wednesday morning for Korea to go pick up our their precious little Ava! This is the best {and most highly anticipated} news I've gotten in quite some time! They'll most likely be home with her on the 13th. I just can't wait to meet her. Mother's Day in Korea . . . becoming a mom again . . . how great will that be for her? I'm so glad that she'll be there on this special day. One that I was a little worried about . . . her first Mother's Day without her mom. Hopefully this will balance out the sadness a little with the excitement and joy of finally holding her baby girl in her arms {as well as a little justifiable fear of taking a baby that just met you on an airplane for about a bazillion hours}.

As my mom said this afternoon when I called her, "She's in labor!" How exciting!

"Is she over here? Ava, where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are!"

Anna is thrilled that her best friend will be home so soon. She's practically jumping up and down. What? You don't think she really is excited . . . oh, she is. She just doesn't know it! Hurry Home, Ava. We're waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!