Wednesday, May 6, 2009

And they're off . . .

Well, they're probably on the plane by now {or pretty soon}. They should take off within the hour. I have only talked to Al for about 10 minutes total since they got the news . . . if you don't count the 5 or 6 voicemails we've left each other trying to find that 10 mintues when we were both available to talk . . . and after all that we got cut a little short by a certain needy 4-year-old who was throwing a little fit involving lots of water on the floor of the bathroom. Argh!

I'm just so excited for her . . . for them! How great. If you think of it today, and throughout the coming week, please pray for safe travels and all the details that the trip will entail. Emotionally, physically, culturally . . . travelling with both grandpas add to the fun, but also add 2 more people to consider in each decision. Plus, it will be her first Mother's Day since her mom died which adds another dynamic to the week. Hopefully they'll be home safe and sound on Wednesday (the 13th), but it's possible, too, that it won't be until Thursday or Friday. We'll just wait and see! Thanks for sharing in the excitement!!

UPDATE: I just got an email. All it said was: "on the plane. love u!!!!!" so that's what I know!

3 comments:

  1. What an exciting time! I'll pray that everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your friend Allie and her family. I remember what such a trip was like! Keep us posted!

    Thanks for the card. I got it yesterday and it really brightened my day as I continued to fight the stomach bug that has been keeping me down.

    Are you interested in selling your cards in Cambridge? I'd love to talk to you about the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for them! They will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!