Thursday, May 21, 2009

Together at last, together forever . . .

Together at last. Together forever.
We're tied in a knot, they never can sever.
I don't need sunshine now to turn my skies to blue.
I don't need anything but you.
. . . I'm a big Annie fan, so I couldn't resist. Finally having Ava here made me think of this song. The best friends are finally in the same general part of the world and they couldn't be happier . . . ok, so really Anna & Ava don't care that much {maybe at all}, but we're milkin' this whole "best friends" thing for all we're worth. They have tons of matching clothes and, like it or not, better darn well love each other like crazy for the rest of their lives or they're in for some trouble!

Ava ridin' around our house on momma's back:

Anna's all ready to go:

Al & Ava: visiting "Grandma Marcia" at work:

Anna, me & Ava:

2 pairs of best friends:
Shana & Al, Anna & Ava

Anna & Ava had their first playdate together today. Ava & her momma came over this morning and we spent a good chunk of the day together. It was the best! We hung out, visited my mom at work {she was still in Connecticut when Ava came home on Monday, so she hadn't had the chance to meet her yet!}, drove through McDonalds {she's in America now, so we figured the girl needed a little cheeseburger and fries}, took some pictures and then hung out a little more before they headed back westward to get Ava home for a nap.

Ava is the happiest, sweetest, most beautiful little thing . . . as long as her momma is holding her, that is {well, she's sweet & beautiful regardless, but the happiness quotient goes down noticably when she's not in momma's arms . . . or on her back . . . or on her front}. Miraculously, though, she did stop crying while I was holding her {while Al made a little pit stop in the bathroom} . . . however, the minute momma was back in her sights she started crying again and clapping. The clapping thing is SO cute, it's almost like begging. She claps whenever she wants Al to pick her up: buckle her in the carseat, she cries and claps; set her down, she cries and claps; if someone else tries to hold her, same thing. She cries and claps. I love it! Her own little sign language for "PICK ME UP, MOM!" What a smart girl!

Maybe we'll do it all over again next week! I'm game!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I love the photos! My BFF and I feel the same way about our girls! We would buy matching outfits and not even no it until afterwards. She would always say great minds think alike. It has been such a joy watching our two grow into little ladies. You two are going to have so much fun with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!