Thursday, May 12, 2011

thrifty thursday

I'm no extreme couponer, but I do what I can! Did you know {if you're local, that is} that Rainbow has double coupon days on Wednesdays and Saturdays. They will double up to 5 coupons at values up to $1. Plus, they'll take a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon for the same item. Target doesn't have double coupon days, but they also will take 1 store coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item. They can really add up. The other day I needed something that was on sale at Target that week, plus I had a store and manufacturer coupon and Target ended up paying me to buy it. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the regular price was $7 or so and it was on sale {clearance, actually, if I remember right} for just under $4 and my store and manufacturer coupons added up to $5, so I got the item for free and they took just over $1 off the rest of my bill . . . don't worry, I'm sure I still spent a significant amount of money in total, but it's fun to get such great deals. I only actually buy things that I know I'll use, no matter how good the deal is, but I know people who are major couponers {and have less than 6 kids, I might add} that scour the deals and often get things for free, or very nearly free and then donate the items they won't use to a food shelf or something. Isn't that great? I'm not that hard-core, but I do often save at least $50 off my total bill {although the total bill for a family of 8 is, most likely, more than your bill}. The other day at Target, the bottom of my receipt told me that I'd save $89 something. I was super pumped. Plus most places {around here, at least} give you 5 cents off whenever you use your own bag . . . which I nearly always do! And also I have a Target card, which saves me 5% off every transaction when I use it. Cha-ching, it all adds up!

Happy shopping . . . maybe there are umbrellas on sale somewhere since it just keeps raining. I'm not really the umbrella type though. It's kinda hard to hold a baby and the hand of a toddler while holding an umbrella . . . although I wasn't the umbrella type pre-kids either, truth be told! I haven't melted yet, nor do I do anything significant to my hair that would get ruined, so I'll just take my chances in getting wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!