Thursday, November 24, 2011

thankful thursday

Happy Thanksgiving!

A day all about being thankful. How great is that? I heard someone say recently, though :: "Thanksgiving isn't a holiday, it's a way of life." I try to live that one out each day. I sure do mess it up quite often, but I keep trying! How much more wonderful would the world be if everyone made thanksgiving a way of life?

Today marks 6 years exactly since my father-in-law had a major stroke :: sitting in his favorite recliner, surrounded by his kids and grandkids {most of them, anyway} in the afterglow of Thanksgiving dinner. It's a moment I don't think I'll ever forget.

Here he is on Thanksgiving Day 2008, 2 years {exactly} after his stroke. {Isn't he cute? I've always been especially fond of him. It's hard to believe I've known him for nearly 20 years already :: I first met him in early 1992, if I remember correctly -- a couple months before I met my mother-in-law}::
Life can make MAJOR changes in a single moment, without a bit of warning.

So be thankful today. Be thankful FOR today. Be thankful with your whole life.

We are thankful to still have my father-in-law with us. Thankful for these 6 years that we realize have been a gift. Life hasn't been the same for him since that day, but he's still here. We still love him! We are so thankful to have him.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. If you had a "like" button, I'd click it. Blessings on your day - I am thankful for you and your great family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd click "like" also! Dear Uncle Roger! Love him and Aunt Margaret so much. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!