Thursday, November 10, 2011

thankful thursday

I feel like I've said this every Thursday for months, but I am so very thankful for the amazingly beautiful fall we've had. The leaves are glorious. The air has been crisp, but not too cold. Anna still goes out to play with bare feet {which makes me cold just looking at her, but she says she's fine.} The kids walk to school at 8:15 with nothing more than a sweatshirt, and front yard football is still going strong. This is Minnesota, so I know that the yucky stuff is inevitable :: sub-zero temperatures, snow that was novel in December driving you nutty by April, scraping frost off car windows and being cold even with 7 layers of clothing on. Last night we had our first hint of flurries and this morning was a chilly one with coldish air coupled with wind, but I'll sure have enjoyed our nearly-mid-November-and-still-snowless fall. Fall is, after all, my favorite season, hands down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!