Thursday, December 30, 2010

thankful thursday

I'm thankful today for LAZY. Well, maybe I should say relaxed. That sounds better. Plus, I've been getting quite a bit of stuff done. But I've been a tad lazy too. Sleeping in {heavenly!!}. Reading. Wii-ing. Running errands all by myself. Taking myself out to lunch.
Kirb took this week off {well, sort of . . . he's not going in to the office, but still managed to put in about 5 hours of work on Tuesday}. My parents took the 2 big girls away for a bit. My grandma has taken each of the "bigs" for a whole day of "GG {great grandma} camp" where they ride the city bus, visit Goodwill {which is conveniently located right across the street from where my grandma lives and is also her favorite place to shop}, talk her into making them whatever they want to eat, watch movies, do crafts, have a piano lesson . . . it's a pretty fun time for everyone involved! Tomorrow afternoon we'll head to our dear friends place for our 3rd annual New Year's Eve slumber party. The kids look forward to it all year! It's been a great week so far and I'm already a tad bummed that it will be ending very soon. A little downtime is such a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. We have been pretty lazy here! It has been a welcome break. I'm a little considered about re-entry into a regular schedule. Have fun at your friends. We will be with the Buckman's again. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying the "rest". The season can be so much fun, but so tiring too!

    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!