Monday, December 13, 2010

multitude monday

Here's my continuing Multitude Monday post, which all started a while back, right here.

"One Thousand Gifts":

1015. surviving the blizzard of the century (ok, not quite, but the worst one in about 20 years!)
1016. the beauty of 23 inches of fresh powder (provided you don't need to shovel it or go anywhere!)
1017. a helpful neighbor with a snowblower
1018. the actual activities of the weekend after most of our plans for the weekend got completely thrown out
1019. trudging down the block in our coats and hats and boots and mittens to attend a church in our neighborhood after our church was canceled -- only to find out it was their children's Christmas program. How fun is that!!
1020. having the van FINALLY come to a stop just inches from the car I was certain I was going to hit this morning when I came upon a red light and found myself on an ice rink rather than a road. note: big vans with only one person in them are NOT good in the snow and ice!! (I'll have you know I was being a very cautious driver and was probably going less than 10 mph when I tried to put on the brakes -- not slam, mind you, just ease them on. so much for that strategy!)
1021. my dad arriving home safely (just ahead of the storm) from another stint of work at Trout Lake Camp
1022. 48-hours of time alone with the grandparents for Rebekah who was "stranded" at their house for a couple days and enjoyed every minute of it!
1023. Christmas sing-a-longs around the player piano -- do you know all the words to "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"? I thought I did too. Chances are good you might not actually know them all like you think you do!
1024. Christmas cards in the mailbox

Alrighty, that's it's for now. Tune in next Monday for the next installment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!