Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I know this isn't the first time I've said this, so if you are a loyal reader you've probably heard it before, but it's the truth . . . I'm thankful for my washing machine! {I looked back and I haven't posted about my washing machine in nearly 8 months, so, the way I figure, I'm about due! Right?} We've had a nasty, nasty case of tummy bug this week at our house, and my washing machine has had it's work cut out for it. Once in a while I think I really should have lived about 50 or 60 years ago. I think I would have liked it, overall. But, I am so very thankful I didn't have to handle my extra-gross dirty laundry any more than sticking it in the machine and hitting a button. And then doing it all over again when it was finished . . . just to be sure! It's not super-new or state-of-the-art or anything. It's top-loading (gasp!) and pretty basic, but it sure does the job. I hear it humming in the background even as I type this. Although, today it is washing normal laundry. Nothing with super-gross bodily fluids! Yeah for being done with that! {at least I hope we're done!}

You can read the story of my washing machine here if you don't already know it. It's a good story, or should I say a God-story.

1 comment:

  1. Shana,
    I read your blog in my google reader -- black letters, white background. I decided to hop over here "in person" today and was so delighted to the beautiful themed design. Love it!

    I, too, am grateful for our washer. It gets the job done. We have lines in our basement and an Ikea drying rack, which means I rarely use the dryer. Nothing like a "cardboard" diaper, as Scott calls them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!