Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I had a dentist appointment at 7 o'clock this morning.

Strange way to start a Thankful Thursday post, I know!

It made me thankful for my life: Thankful that I do have to get up and out the door before 7 very often {or EVERYDAY, as many people do. The first place I usually have to be is at the bus stop at 9:10 and even that is optional as I sometimes just watch from the window. Plus it wouldn't be unheard of for me to walk them out there in my pj's anyway, so presentable is also optional until at least noon on most days}. Thankful that I don't have to drive in yucky traffic each day. Thankful for my "morning off" as my way-way-more-than-capable husband got little people up for the day, packed lunches {I'm not sure exactly why, but I especially dislike packing lunches and since Jacob can't eat school lunch, I pack at least one every single morning}, welcomed Vince when he arrived, fed breakfast, threw some sheets in the laundry {following an unfortunately overnight incident!}, got 1 of the kiddos all showered and field trip-ready for her extra-fun day at the Children's Theater, administered some Benadryl for a few mysterious hives on an itchy chin and took out the trash because, after all, it IS Thursday. Thankful for my shiny, extra clean teeth and no big lecture about my need to floss more often {I must be doing better. Mom, I'm sure you are very proud!} Thankful that I don't need to be out much on this chilly, windy winter day {the thermometer in the van read -3F this morning on my way home from the dentist}, the errands can wait. Yup, I'm thankful for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!