Thursday, March 24, 2011

thankful thursday

Today I'm so thankful for my birthday kids. Yesterday was a big day around here. Jacob turned 12 and Rebekah hit double digits. How on earth did they get so old? Does that make me old too? Yikes! We had a fun family birthday celebration dinner at Red Robin on Tuesday night {Joe asked this morning if we could have dinner there again tonight . . . um, no! buddy. Sorry!}, fun birthdays yesterday and we're looking forward to a little more celebrating over the weekend. There are both fabulous kids and I'm so thankful to have been chosen to be their mom.

I'm also thankful today for a super kind neighbor -- who also happens to be an ER nurse -- who will come right over and consult on a possibly ER-worthy injury on a certain almost-birthday-girl. No ER visit needed! Dan thought ahead and brought the super glue and glued her up right there in the kitchen. House calls and no co-pay . . . who can beat that? This is not the first {nor, I'm sure, the last} time we've taken advantage of his services. I'm pretty sure I owe him at least $500 by now! But instead from time to time I drop his kids off at this or that, his daughter gets off the kindergarten bus with Joe and eats lunch here, his girls come over here to play, we invite their family over for grilled hot dogs or whatever. It really does take a village! In case you're curious, the patient seems to be doing fine this morning. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go attempt to get all the blood out of her dress. I know, I know, I should have done it right away, but there were a few other things to attend to last night :: a hungry baby, a bleeding Anna, 2 birthday kids, dirty dishes on the table, 2 non-birthday, non-bleeding, non-baby kiddos who needed a hug and story before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!