Sunday, September 12, 2010

encouragement


Today is National Day of Encouragement. What? You didn't know that? Ok, neither did I until about 2 weeks ago, but the minute I heard about it, I was on board What could be more up my alley? So I sent a few extra cards this week (I was a bit bummed that no one to whom I mailed cards could get them on the actual National Day of Encouragement, since it's a Sunday, but since I'm quite sure none of them even knew of the "holiday", I guess I don't feel too bad). I started my little business because of my passion for encouragement and making a difference in people lives. There are many ways to do that. Usually, I choose to do it through something I've made myself, but sometimes the truth is there just isn't time for that. I always keep some extra-great store-purchased cards (blank notes mostly, but some with greetings as well) around for the times I want to encourage someone and haven't the time to make them the perfect card myself.

One of my favorite verses, a life-verse of mine, and the one I based the name of my business on is this:
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
I Thessalonians 5.11
I encourage each of you to encourage someone today! A simple note or card in the mail (or hand delivered) is a simple, quick way to do that. Without too much effort at all, you can make a positive impact in someone's day . . . and often it's a much bigger impact than you would have imagined. Go for it!

1 comment:

  1. you are a great encourager!! Thanks for the sweet card you sent this week. It made my day :). hope you're hanging in there during the last few weeks! Let us know if you need anything. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!