Monday, September 12, 2011

multitude monday

Here's my continuing Multitude Monday post, which all started a while back, right here on a wonderful, amazing blog that I read each day.

"One Thousand Gifts":

1602. cool mornings :: fall in the air
1603. the hoot of an owl
1604. a quiet house and a good book
1605. soft snores coming from the bedrooms :: my 7 loves all still asleep
1606. time to think and give thanks
1607. leaves against the first light of morning
1608. snuggling with my big boy on the couch :: that he still wants to snuggle is truly grace!
1609. handsome blue eyes framed by black plastic :: and knowing that he can see clearly now::1610. tall sunflowers::1611. fabulous, caring, knowledgeable teachers for our kiddos
1612. a great first week of school
1613. one last swim in the outdoor pool
1614. amazingly glorious weather
1615. a fun date with my mom (& Sara)
1616. Tea Garden :: yum!
1617. crafting
1618. witnessing the exchange of vows :: two becoming one
1619. listening to my husband preach
1620. a new favorite -- so very, very true. give it a listen (or two or three or four)::
1621. "Behold the man upon the cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom"
How anyone can sing those words without the tears streaming down their cheeks truly baffles me completely. I was a mess :: always am!
1622. a good workout with a friend (everything is better with a friend)
1623. fun morning and good coffee with friends, discussing how everyone's first week went
1624. 11 months of Sara::1625. more cleaning, organizing and purging
1626. catching up with a favorite friend through an open minivan window :: ah, this life of mine!


Alrighty, that's it's for now. Tune in next Monday for the next installment.

1 comment:

  1. Happy almost-anniversary to you to, Shana! And great recommendations on your book shelf too. I am reading two of those right now and am now intrigued to add more titles to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!