Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that our summer activities are starting to wind down . . . a bit! Jacob had 5 weeks of band camp. 4 mornings a week. It started at 8. YIKES! Rebekah has swim practice 5 days a week {although we don't go all 5 days . . . 3 or 4 usually -- and it's not over yet}. Plus each of the 4 older kiddos have gone to a day camp or two. So far this summer we've had ZERO days where we could just stay at home in our jammies and have no place we had to be. {Much to Joey's chagrin, since he would rather stay home than go anywhere. He's quite the homebody. I'm pretty sure even a trip to Disney would be met with some tears, LOUD complaints and requests to just stay home!} This week marked the first day we could stay home for a tad in the morning without having to actually wake children up. They all slept until they woke up on their own . . . what a concept! It is summer, isn't it? Now I know better for next year. The kids are all welcome to sign up for some stuff, but I'll try to have them do a little more of the same stuff. You know, so that 4 different kids didn't have 4 different "things" to be at, all at overlapping times! I about went completely out of my mind a time or two trying to figure out how it would be humanly possible to get all the kids to and from all of their stuff relatively on time. I think that for the most part, people got where they needed to be. Amazing, I think!

Band camp {beginner band camp, nonetheless} ended with a final concert last Thursday night and I thought you'd want a little glimpse at how great it was {alrighty, I tried to load the video of the concert -- it wasn't even long, just one short song -- but it was loading for nearly 2 hours and still wasn't done. Something must be weird. I'll try again later, but for now you'll just have to enjoy a cute picture of my two favorite horn-blowers}:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!