Monday, June 1, 2009

Verse 11


Welcome to June! I've been reading through Praying the Scriptures for your Children (again) lately. I keep it by my bed and try to tackle a chapter a day. I got it as a gift for my 30th birthday (almost 5 years ago) and it's a great one to read again and again! Since I'm focusing on praying for my kiddos (and praying more in general, too), I am going to focus on this verse for the first half of June:
Never give up praying. And when you pray, keep alert and be thankful. (Colossians 4.2, Contemporary English Version)
I pretty much have had it memorized in the NIV (Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful) for a while now . . . except I never knew the reference . . . so I was looking at other versions and really like the way it was written in the Contemporary English Version, so that's the one I'm going to work on. (I also liked the NASB which said, "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving" but I don't want to confuse myself, so I'll just go with the CEV)

If you don't know about my "resolution" to memorize 24 scriptures in 2009, you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!