Monday, July 25, 2011

multitude monday

Did you miss me? I was pretty sick last week {getting better though, finally!} and, unless I'm mistaken, it was the first time in history that I've ever missed my Thankful/Thrifty Thursday or Flashback Friday posts since I started them {at least a couple years ago}.


Here's my continuing Multitude Monday post, which all started a while back, right here on a wonderful, amazing blog that I read each day.

"One Thousand Gifts":

1518. sunshine!
1519. friends
1520. 63 years of life for my dad . . . he is wonderful!
1521. superhero capes hanging on the clothesline
1522. a break from the oppressive heat and humidity
1523. a girl clipping clothespins in her curls -- sweet Anna!
1524. a compassionate, sincere doctor who kept saying :: "So, I keep thinking, if you were my daughter, what would I do?" . . . gotta love that!
1525. time with a friend
1526. yummy bread
1527. a room full of people singing "How Great Thou Art" by heart -- anyone who doesn't need words to sing such a wonderful hymn is a pretty good person in my book!
1528. braving the zipline with Jacob
1529. recognition of my dad and all his work {he put in so much time, skill, artistry, muscles, prayers and love to the new dining hall at Trout}::1530. an exceptionally delicious donut before church
1531. our first sunflower bloom

Alrighty, that's it's for now. Tune in next Monday for the next installment.

6 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Ann's today and wanted to say that I love hearing the old familiar hymns sung spontaneously too. I hope your week is full of sunshine, laughter and His presence. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I missed you! So glad you're feeling better. Always enjoy your encouraging posts. (Cousin Connie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Ann's - a break in heat and humidity - I'd be very grateful for that. :) I can relate to what you wrote on the side in the "about me" section - crying in church almost every Sunday - ME TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that pic of your family and your parents-that is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family! His love is unfailing.... Loved your list!

    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!