Sunday, August 16, 2009

Verse 16


Verse 16 already! I was just reviewing my verses so far this year. There are so many great ones in there; things that I need to focus on more! I chose this verse to memorize next:
Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. {Psalm 46.10 NIV}

If you don't know about my "resolution" to memorize 24 scriptures in 2009 and you want to know what in the world I'm talkin' about, you can check it out here.

We were given a challenge in church this morning :: spend the first 3 minutes of each day with God for the next 150 days. Spend the 1st minute reading just the first verse of a Psalm (in order: day 1 :: Psalm 1. Day 2 :: Psalm 2. That's why it's a 150-day challenge . . . there are 150 Psalms) and meditating on it. Spend the 2nd minute thanking God for something in your life. Anything. We all have more than enough to be thankful for! Spend the 3rd minute planning a way that you can show kindness or service to someone during that day. Easy, right? Just 3 minutes. We challenged the kids to do it (well, the older 3 at least) and we're going to try to do it to. It'll be fun to know that we're all reading the same verse to start our day! Join me if you want. Let's see what happens! Blessings on each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!