Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"Spring" running

I went for a run today. It is April 16th. It snowed the entire time I was running. When I was running north it was coming down pretty hard and was blowing right into my face and I could barely see. 

When I turned east I could see better and I saw so much beauty :: A beaver. Lots of mallards. A pair of geese. A snow globe of swirling white over the lake. Trees. A squirrel (or twelve). Thick woods.

It was 4.46 dreamy miles following 2 not-so-dreamy ones. (Those first couple miles always seem to be a bit like torture, no matter how much I run. Can I get an "Amen"?). The snow that made me angry this morning was beautiful to run in this afternoon. I did some major hill work in the woods near my house. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?


10 days from now I'll be running my first race of 2014. A local 10k. Bring it!

Also, I hadn't realized how worn out and broken down my old shoes were. I got a new pair of "kicks" over the weekend and my run today felt so good! I had temporarily forgotten how fabulous new shoes feel. My entire body is grateful, I think! Ahhhhh. 


Dirty already, you see!

It's still coming down like crazy out there. Despite how beautiful it is, I really hope it lets up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!