Monday, July 13, 2009

Lazyman update: Week 1

Well, we finished our first week of the Lazyman Triathlon. It is an entire Ironman Triathlon {2.5 miles of swimming -- which, at our Y, comes out to 41 laps in the pool, or 82 lengths -- 112 miles of biking and 26.2 miles of running/walking}, but you get 5 weeks to finish. So far, so good. We're done with 1 of our 5 weeks, which, in case math isn't your gift, is 20% of the time we have to finish. Here's what we've logged in week 1:

Shana:
Swimming: 17 laps {41% done}
Biking: 30.7 miles {27% done}
Walking {with a few small hints of jog/run}: 5.9 miles {22% done}

Kirby:
swimming: none so far {that's 0% done}
Biking: 37 miles {33% done}
Running {most of his actually was running}: {19% done}

Overall, we're pretty well on track, if not just a smidge ahead of schedule. It's been pretty fun so far, but it is a lot of work to make sure you can log a decent chunk of miles almost every day. I worked out 4 days this week. The weekend was REALLY busy {more about that later} and I couldn't get to the Y, although I'm sure I logged many miles on my feet. I only count the miles that I'm intentionally doing for the triathlon when I add up my miles. On Monday last week I biked, on Wednesday I biked some and walked some, on Thursday I biked and walked both and on Friday I swam and walked. It was a great week. Thanks for cheering us on . . . virtually, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments . . . they make my day!